Wow, what a year it has been! 2017 was definitely one to remember. Above are photos from the last twelve months that are some of my favorites. My best moment of the year, of course, was marrying my best friend and all of the festivities leading up to it. Lane and I have been together for 8+ years, so finally tying the knot was everything I wanted and more. Our wedding was hands down the best day ever and something we will cherish for the rest of our lives! If you’re new to my blog, you can catch up on all of the details here. 🙂
We don’t necessarily make “resolutions” every year, but Lane and I do set mini goals for ourselves that we try to achieve. We have a lot of things that are changing this year and potentially selling our “first” home that we bought 5 years ago if we find a house we love in a good location. Lots of scary but exciting experiences!
I’m going to share with you a few goals that I have in 2018..
- Travel more (even within the US) – this is a big one for me. I’d rather spend money on experiences than material items any day. It’s just hard with Lane and I’s work schedules always clashing that we never have a weekend off together. Once we have more time together, we definitely want to see more of the world even if we have to start by taking multiple mini vacays.
- Get a routine – I’ve always worked with a daily routine and I haven’t had one in forever and I am ready to get back on that grind.
- Work-out/Eat Healthy – this is on everyones list and I am not ashamed it is on mine. Lane and I did SO well eating healthy last year until about a month before our wedding all the way through the holidays. It just plateaus as the end of the year comes and you’re all cozy comfy in your oversized sweaters. Haha!
- Go to a blogger conference/vacation – either one is fine with me! You meet so many sweet souls while blogging and I would love to meet some of you! Aubrey and I are coming up with plans for a trip so that we can all meet and have an AMAZING girls weekend!!!
- Go to NYFW – this has always been a dream of mine and I will make it happen at some point!
- Decorate my house – super small goal of mine but I am determined. We have been living here for 5 years and I still have not decorated our house. I just never knew how I wanted it with no color scheme in mind.. I just didn’t care. Nowwwww I’m like whoa, painting walls next weekend, new furniture, canvas pictures… etc. Needs to happen especially if we want to sell!
- Spend less money/save – oh goodness… this is a big one for me (any blogger knows my pain). Yes, I do get a lot of “free” products from brands but I also spend a LOT of money to buy what I love and showcase for you all.
- More organized with blogging – very self-explanatory!
- Pray/Read a Devotional/Rely on God more – i’m very much of what you would call a “control freak”. Sometimes I find myself walking along my own path when really I should be relying on the Lord to guide me. I know this happens to everyone especially people like me.
One of the best decisions I have ever made (besides marrying the love of my life hehe) was creating For the Love of Coffey! This creative outlet I have made has been nothing but amazing especially in the year of 2017! I have met and became friends with people I would’ve never had the chance of knowing. The blogging community is probably the most positive group of ladies I have ever met. They lift you up when you’re having a bad IG day (blogger probs!) or congratulate you when they love your picture or reach a certain goal. It is just so nice to be a part of this community on a daily basis! <3
I have a lot of fun events and ideas for you all this year so if you are local to the Jacksonville area, definitely keep an ear out for some fun sip and shops coming soon!! I am so excited to be ringing in the new year with a game plan… and of course, if you have any content you WANT to see, PLEASE contact me. I am always answering emails and IG comments/DMs. I want to talk to you guys and see what exactly you want to see from me. 🙂
Cheers everyone! Happy New Year!!!!! 🙂