Hi everyone! Happy Monday – I hope everyone had a great weekend, I literally did NOTHING and it felt amazing. Saturday, my fiancé wasn’t feeling well and we spent the afternoon/night on the couch watching movies and I have to admit… I fell asleep at 9! It felt great, and today I have been cleaning & blogging all day. 🙂
You guys – the minute I laid my eyes on ShopStevie, I fell in love (Sorry Lane)! They have the cutest, trendiest clothes for a reasonable price. How it works is anyone can sign up to be a rep for these super cute clothes, so I had the opportunity to collaborate with Stacey, a rep for ShopStevie, and she is based out of Utah. CONTINUE READING
Hi guys! I am posting so late, and I am so sorry about that but I have been busy busy busy today. This whole week has been a bit crazy, but I wouldn’t trade it. Did you guys catch the finale of the Bachelor last night? Were you happy, sad, mad, jealous of Vanessa’s 4 CT Neil Lane diamond. HOLY COW is all I have to say. CONTINUE READING
Happy Sunday, everyone! I really didn’t do much this weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. I have been needing a weekend like this for a while just to get caught up with my house. My fiancé and I cleaned all day today and now my house is picture perfect… kidding, my house will never can be perfect with my two fur babies.CONTINUE READING
Hi guys! Happy Wednesday aka Hump Day! I am snuggled up on the couch drinking wine, watching How I Met Your Mother (my guilty pleasure, thx Tanner!!) and just finished eating my lettuce wraps. NomNom! I hope your night is going just as well!
This olive jumpsuit is by GB by Gianni Bini from Dillards and it fits like a glove! My friend made me try it on, even though I didn’t want too because I knew if I fit well I would fall in love. Well guys… I fell in love and bought it. The slide slits make it even more edgy and sassy. I linked all of the products above so you can shop from those links. Don’t forget on Instagram you can screenshot my photos and if you have the Liketoknow.It app, all the deets will pop up so you don’t have to receive those emails.
I hope everyone has a great rest of your week! My fiancé and I are taking engagement photos on Friday and I am STOKED!!! 🙂
Happy Sunday, friends! I hope everyone had a fab weekend – my Saturday was completely booked. I picked up my wedding dress (FINALLY, I’ve been waiting since September!) and then I went to the little sis’ pageant which she WON!! Now she will be competing for Miss. Florida Outstanding Teen in Lakeland, FL. Woo! So excited for her!
This Mint Green mini skirt I found at Forever21, and honestly I have been waiting to post this outfit because I can not find it anywhere on the website and I have been looking for a month since I bought it. I ended up linking two similar skirts that I thought were equally cute, so I am sorry I couldn’t find the exact one. I am obsessed with this look because it is so perfect for Spring – especially Florida’s spring where it is 80 degrees.
I hope everyone has a fantastic week – my fiancé and I are taking our engagement photos this Friday and I am so excited!! 🙂 Oh and don’t forget Woman Tell All on Bachelor is on tomorrow!! WOO!!
For those of you who don’t know me, Lane and I got engaged last May (2016) in California. The night he proposed I started planning my dream wedding….
…wait, who am I kidding?
I’ve been planning my dream wedding for a couple years now or since I discovered Pinterest. Which by the way – what did we ever do without Pinterest?! So lets back up…
The night he proposed I couldn’t help but talk everything wedding with Lane from colors to dates to bridal party, I was just so excited. It has been 9 months since we got engaged and we have 8 more months left until we wed.
For anyone who is planning their wedding or has just started it is an ENTIRE learning process and you will learn so much as you go. I will tell you all my advice and experiences, but every person and their plan is different so take as much or as little as you’d like. I promise you, you will either LOVE it or HATE it. There is no in-between. My mom and I have fallen in love with this whole process and have even thought about starting a career in wedding planning (and YES, I said my mom because duh! I’m a momma’s girl and she has to love it too and we all know guys could care less what color Charger we will use…).
Okay, so first things first…
- Pin, pin, pin, pin! Come up with a theme because half of your vendors will ask “what is your wedding theme?” Our theme is classy and elegant, and with those two little words “BAM!” they know what I want.
- Start a wedding planner – I promise you it will come in handy. Some days you will feel lost and need that to keep sane, and other days you will feel boujee and get sh** crossed off your to-do list. Either way, the planner is a must.
- Pick a budget and TRY to stick with it whether you are saving up and paying for it, parents are paying for it, or in-laws are paying for it. I will be completely honest with you, you will probably spend a little more than what your budget is. It is just reality, because you don’t really know what your getting into so you put what you *THINK* it is going to be before taxes, tips, etc. Just food for thought !!!
- For those of you whose man just knelt down on one knee and asked to spend the rest of their life with you.. ( CONGRATULATIONS AND I HOPE YOU LEARN A LOT FROM THIS!!! ) just remember this – March, April, October and November are considered “the wedding season” and if you want to find a venue during “the wedding season”, you need to make sure your date is flexible. We were lucky enough that the date we wanted was open, October 21, 2017 because we booked it 17 months ahead of time.
- Speaking of the venue, BEFORE looking at venues, you need to make a rough draft guest list. You may be wondering why do I need to make a list so soon in the game?! Most venues have a limit on how many guests you are allowed so it is a good idea to have a rough estimate before falling in love with a venue. We wanted a venue that would fit up to 200 people, so that’s why we went with Hammock Beach Resort amongst other reasons.
- Lane and I were clueless on what type of venue we wanted, we knew we would like to get married by the beach because we are both water babies, but we didn’t want it ON the beach. My advice to you is narrow down your favorite attributes on a couple venues and go “venue shopping!” and by that I mean, drive by and if you can go explore the venue (ours is a resort so we just walked right in like we owned the place!) before making a consultation so you don’t waste your time. Within the first 10 minutes you will know if you want it keep it on the list.
- For me, it was important to pick my wedding party early because I wanted them to be involved in as much as they wanted. I wanted their opinion when I went wedding dress shopping, bridesmaids shopping, picking out invitations, wedding decor. I literally text my MOH about every. single. little. thing. Sorry Mag 😉
- Just to let you guys know, I’m not going in any type of order – just typing as I think – it is v important that you DONT look at other dresses after you have found “THE ONE”, just don’t!!!!
- On the dress note, also don’t settle until you have found “THE ONE”, it is out there, there is one for everyone so just keep looking if you haven’t fallen in love.
- Before picking a vendor, check The Knot or Wedding Wire and read a couple of the reviews, especially if it is a random one. Fortunately, my photographer, videographer, makeup artist, and hair stylist are people I have known forever.
- GO TO BRIDAL EXPOS, even if you have a few vendors already, they are a lot of fun and you learn a lot. We found our DJ at the Bridal Expo in Jax and Carlton is literally the best. We had a consultation with him afterwards and he is the perfect match for Lane and I… (he also has 5 stars on The Knot, etc which I checked before consulting with him.)
- With 8 months left until our wedding, I am getting our Save-the-Dates ready which I will be sending out in March. You want to try to send those out 6-8 months before the wedding.
- Don’t feel obligated to invite everyone you know… this is a hard one for me to deal with, but at the end of the day it is about you, not them.
- DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. You may be SO SICK of the word wedding after a couple of months (or if you are making your man help with planning – he will be sick of the word even more LOL) but I promise you will feel less-stressed and relaxed if you plan months ahead of time. I have all of my BIG vendors booked already 8 months out, and I am picking up my dress this weekend. A couple little things we have to do is do a cake testing, pick out invitations, pick out our playlist for our DJ, finalize the guest list, etc.
- If you throw an engagement party, make sure everyone you invite are invited to the wedding.
- Last but not least, pick a MOH that will be there for you 24/7. I don’t know what I would do without my personal stylist aka MOH because she is literally 3rd in command after Lane and I. She keeps me sane and helps me when I have big decisions (like picking out the perfect Bachelorette weekend house ;-)).
I hope this helps a little! I plan on doing another blog post after the wedding when I learn even more. Like I said before, we are still 8 months out, so there is a lot of little things left to be done. I wanted to write this post mainly to help get everyone started in planning their wedding. It is a learning experience for all of us! If you ever have any questions or recommendations, let me know! I would love to try to help! 🙂
I hope you have a great rest of the week!
Hi everyone! Happy Monday! Who’s ready for the Bachelor tonight?! It is getting SO close to the end, I am wondering who is going to win. I know it’s not going to be Corinne because I am pretty sure no one would ever watch the Bachelor series again if she won. LOL So who do you think will win? Are you a Raven fan or a Vanessa fan? I won’t tell you who I choose yet… I’m going to wait until next week!
This green skirt has SPRING written all over it!! It is so comfortable and would be the perfect look for a shopping trip or grabbing drinks by the beach! I received this maxi from SheIn and I was absolutely thrilled when got it – the fit was amazing and matched very true to size from the website which I was happy about. The best part is this skirt is under $26 – I have linked everything right under the pictures so you can get all the details there.
I hope everyone has a great week! 🙂