As one semester ends, and a new one is quickly approaching, there are a few basic things you need to do in preparation. Knowing how to start a semester strongly is one of the most important skills you will learn during your college years. Most people have a plan at the beginning of the semester of the work and time management they will need in order to achieve the grades they want. Your first college semester or two can be a little tricky, but as time goes on it starts to become simple and pretty repetitive. So here is a checklist of a few things that will make you prepared for the semester:
- Time Management: I know there are lots of distractions in college, whether you go out all the time, in a sorority, or most importantly Netflix. It tends to be a big challenge most college students face. Procrastination = No prepping. So find something that works for you and use it from day one. Remember managing your time will make you feel 100% better about your grades at the end of the semester.
- Try to Have Your Books ~ Or at Least On the Way: Not having your books when classes start can put you behind before you even have a chance to start.
- Lifestyle Accommodations: Make sure you know where you will be living, what food/dining options you will have, and of course transportation if you live off campus. You do not need all that stress when the semester starts. You will have too much to focus on academic wise.
- Support System: You always need people whether it be parents, siblings, children, spouse, TA, and/or friends to support you throughout the journey of college. It isn’t an easy ride all the time, and you definitely need people there to support you when the time gets rough.
- Prepare Yourself for New Adventures: At the end of the previous semester, you were comfortable with how your classes were going. As the new semester approaches, be open to the unknown. You will be exposed to new types of people with different ways of thinking.
- Know Where You’re Going: Make sure you have a map of your campus, and know where you are supposed to be. Don’t wait until the last minute to try to find where your classes are. You cannot be late to your first day of class! TOTAL non-chic thing to do.
- Planner: A planner will save your life in college from due dates to extra cirriculurs to OF COURSE Football Games.. Write everything down and you will never have to remember the littlest things again.
I wish everyone the best of luck this semester & I hope you all have a classy and unforgettable time! ♥
Cheers to THREE more semesters for me & I am finished. 🙂
Xoxo ~ KC