Happy #WeddingWednesday loves! I was so sad that I wasn’t able to post this last week, but it’s up now so all is good! This weeks #WW is dedicated to the vendors you will be selecting throughout your wedding planning process.
One piece of advice that I want to go ahead and throw out there before I start talking about specific vendors is: The vendors you choose should take stress away, not create more!! During the initial planning process and selecting what vendors I wanted to work with, I had an experience where a certain vendor would take WEEKS to reply after meeting them at a Bridal Expo. At first, they were very responsive and answered questions and then it turned into excuses for not emailing back. This created a little bit of stress for me, not too much though, thankfully because it was at the very beginning and this situation helped my decision whether or not I was going to book with them. I understand that people in this business are ridiculously busy with multiple events during the week/weekend, but inquiries that turn into bookings are what keep these companies afloat. 🙂
There are multiple vendors you can hire to make your big day spectacular! These include:
- Wedding Coordinator
- Wedding Dress/Bridesmaids Dresses
- Tux/Suit Rentals
- Wedding Bands
- Dress Alterations
Not everyone will use every vendor listed above, but a majority of them you will be inquiring about. Below are some tips to keep in mind during the selection process. 🙂
- Do your homework! Read reviews, ask for recommendations, keep a notepad, visit websites, book consultations, etc. You do not want to book a vendor that you have no history about. It is not only important to read the good reviews, but I like to read the bad as well because most of the time that creates questions you can ask during your appointments. You want to make sure all of your ducks are in a row. 🙂
- Make sure your personalities mesh! Personally, this is the most important to me. I honestly couldn’t ask for better vendors than the ones I chose. All of our personalities are outgoing, upbeat, and optimistic. That is what you need in a vendor. You really need to be able to trust them because they can MAKE or BREAK your big day and that is the LAST thing you want.
- Keep everything in writing! You definitely want to stay organized with a planner or folder for all of your wedding planning. At the beginning, you have A LOT of information thrown at you by different vendors and it is a
littlereally overwhelming. It is important to keep everything you receive in writing so that you know what each vendor is offering you.
- Ask for a portfolio of their work! Every vendor has their own style. Make sure your vendors vision and style for your big day is also your vision.
I hope this helps some of you, especially the ones who are recently engaged and have no idea where to start on selecting their vendors. 🙂 Remember one thing – HAVE FUN WITH IT!
Stay tuned for next weeks #WW post!